Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Thursday, July 3, 2014

AN OLD WOODEN IRONING BOARD

 While my daughter was visiting in June, we went thrifting, which is one of our favorite things to do together.  In one of the shops I spied this old wooden ironing board.  In really good condition but someone had used magic marker to write a name on it and there was no price tag on it.  I figured that, if the price was right, I'd take it and cover it with vintage linens.

Shopkeeper said the price was $3.00!   Well, that settled that . . . so I loaded it up in my car and it came to live at my house.  Only needed a bit of Titebond wood glue to reglue the end of one wooden strip.

I'm tickled to have it to also use with our glamping setup.  And when it's not being used for something special it will be folded up, leaning in my project room and wearing an ivory colored vintage apron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment