Scottish Thistles

Scottish Thistles

Thursday, April 5, 2012

SUH-WEET little SEWING MACHINE

This cute little Coronado sewing machine (from the 50s) has been sitting in a local thrift store for a long time.  It hadn't sold and I thought the asking price was too high considering the fact that there are some things about it that make it not "sewable".  I asked the manager if they'd take less money and she said "oh yes", and she did so rather enthusiastically.  It's in great condition, just needs some parts . . . I'll search for those sometime.  But I just wanted to put it in my house as something cute and pleasant to look at.  Surrounded it with some vintage notions and linens I have.  This "apronista" just wants to enjoy it and think about the hands that sewed on it

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you displayed that adorable sewing machine CJ. Fun putting together vignettes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know you can eliminate commentors having to type those awful squiggly non~words to send along their comments. Go into blogger setting to change it unless you really like to filter comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find. I'm looking around for one for my daughters to sew on. Stop on over to my blog some time. :)

    ReplyDelete